Saturday 28 May 2011

3 am

Discussing marriage breakdown with my wife.She is mediating the separation of close relatives,trying to achieve an amicable settlement ; and it is emotionally exhausting for her.Bitterness constantly threatens to erupt .She patiently listens to an obsessive recitation of transgressions,private embarrassing details exposed like the poignant wreckage of a bomb blast.She worries especially about the consequences of divorce for the children .
She tells me  that after seeing all of this emotional turmoil she would now never divorce me-everybody just gets way too upset.I never thought she would, but it is sobering to realise that if your wife no longer loves you then there is not much you can do.All of your assets will be divided including your children.You will forever feel judged and found wanting.We should never stop working for our love,never lose respect.I think I am tired  and emotional.
It is 4 am.The timbers creak.There is the quiet electronic sound of the laptop and the steady breathing of my sleeping wife.I am awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment