Wednesday 28 March 2012

Oops

Finally caught up in clinic when the resident called about the induction: not getting into labour at all and now the foetal heart rate is too fast with deep decelerations, even on oxygen. I had hoped to finish the clinic but had to do a Caesarian Section. Furthermore I was holding up the surgeon's list.
The spinal anaesthetic was in, and patient on the table when labour ward called me to another emergency - slow foetal heart rate in the second stage. I hurried to the birthing room and quickly delivered the baby by vacuum extraction, in good condition.Then the bleeding started. I massaged the uterus and delivered the placenta, gave intravenous oxytocin, rectal misoprostol and direct uterine injection of ergometrine before the bleeding stopped then sutured the perineum and ran back to theatre to do a difficult Caesarian with a BMI above fifty.
On leaving, I apologised to the surgeon for the delay. He said if he'd known I was going to take so long he could have done another procekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Oops, I fell asleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment