Friday 24 June 2011

microsleep

Four hours, four hours, four hours,three hours sleep.Yearn for sleep, crave sleep, eventually hallucinate sleep.Sleep debt causes irritability, thought impairment, memory loss, hyperactivity, and impaired moral judgement.Physically it can suppress immunity,and increase the risk of heart disease and diabetes.It cestainly increases the rate of typing errors.
Yet I resist .I would rather suffer tiredness so that I can have dinner in the city and catch up with my sons.Afghan cuisine. Don't press too much. Find the balance. Leave the door open. Nothing evil walks through, then back home to our country home, fighting microsleeps all the way.
A recent TV show proved that a firm slap on the cheek really can improve concentration when very tired so I tried it.I think it works at least for a while, but microsleeps threaten to break through so I hit harder and harder.I don't want to die, not yet at least.
Dark supernatural creatures crawl at the edge of my vision .

No comments:

Post a Comment