Monday 20 June 2011

sore eye

Went to sleep OK but woke with a sensation like grit in my left eye.This rapidly deteriorated until the eye was producing relentless pain.Hard to think,hard to concentrate,but completed two Caesarian Sections,two minor cases and a sling for urinary incontinence.While operating, an antenatal patient came in to the midwifery ward with reduced foetal movements and found that the baby had died.No cause known yet.I tried to discuss the tragedy while holding my weeping unbearably painful left eye, embarrassed to show that I had any problem in comparison to her bewildering calamity.
She feels guilty although she has done nothing wrong.We feel guilty that we cannot fix this problem,only manage it.She will never be the same again.
I put eyedrops in and took a painkiller. My eye is still sore. I cannot postpone the afternoon clinic but I don't think I can cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment