Wednesday 1 June 2011

work

Finished clinic without a break by six pm.My throat is more sore and I now resemble a caricature of a person with a cold.Or coryza as we say in our arcane medical language.Known to the general public as  "the flu" although it is not usually influenza as implied.In any case,my nose is red and running, my eyes are red(or" erythematous") and watery, and I am sneezing all the time .
 The pathologist confirms that my patient does have cancer:"a poorly differentiated invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix." I must call the oncologist tomorrow then phone my patient to break the news and arrange transfer of her care.
The hot water tap in our bathroom is disconnected because it has not been repaired.
There is no dinner unless I make it myself.
Time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment